Saturday, March 19, 2011

Oh Vienna.

Since I'm lucky enough to be living in Vienna this year, I'm going to start sharing some of my favourite places around the city with you. It had reached a crazy 22 degrees last week, but now is back to a miserable 6.. and everything is very, very grey. Everyone knows nothing looks worse than a grey cityscape.. so I shall spare you the photos I took last night.

I am starting to feel that I've lived here long enough now to show you some of Vienna's best.. and not just the touristy spots (some of which are, of course, definitely worth visiting). I'm planning on featuring every place/thing I love in Vienna... I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

1. Naschmarkt


 Fruit and veg - Vienna's best market?

Saturday morning flea market - lots of fur.


Falafal wrap + my friend Emily
Naschmarkt is one of Vienna's biggest daily markets, with an added extra flea market every Saturday. The flea market is full of cheap (stolen) fur coats and a bit of everything - root around a bit for the hidden gems (and get here early for the stolen goods). For me the best thing Naschmarkt has to offer is the food! It's FULL of cafes and bars and restaurants, with lots of Greek/Turkish food. I'm a vegetarian so there's loads for me here! I could (and have) easily spend a day eating my way around this market.

H. x

PS. I am in a bloggy race to reach 50 followers.. yes, I do realise that I only have 1 :( Please help me!


1 comment:

  1. love these, im a sucker for fish eye photogrpahy.

    Helen, X
    http://areyoudressingupordressingdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete